The story of James Delorey is, sadly, an instructive one. For those who have children, the possibility of a daughter or son being lost is a frightful concern. For those whose children have disabilities and are even more vulnerable than other children, having a missing child must be even more frightful.
James Delorey, a boy with Autism, was lost for many hours in the woods near the neighborhood of his home. Harold Doherty, the father of a child from the same Canadian province, chronicled the story on Facing Autism in New Brunswick. Here are references to his posts:
- 7 Year Old Autistic Boy Missing in Snow and Wind in Nova Scotia
- Harsh Autism Reality in Nova Scotia
- Autistic Boy Found After 2 Days of Wind and Snow
- Found After 2 Days in Cold Snowy Woods Autistic Boy Fighting for His Life in Nova Scotia Hospital
- James Delorey, 7 Year Old Autistic Boy, Has Passed Away