The Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders (CCBD) is hosting a meeting at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside Hotel in Norfolk (VA, US) and the registration deadline is tomorrow, 3 February 2011. CCBD has reduced the fees and there are spcial discounted rates for teams of three or more attendees.
The Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders (CCBD) is pleased to present its annual Forum on “Effective and Evidence-based Practices for Improving Outcomes for Challenging Students.” This forum has been developed in response to the international concern for providing quality services that improve academic and social outcomes for a diverse population of children/youth with challenging behaviors. The forum will focus on practical issues and soluations to promote positive educational outcomes and more!
Topical In-Depth Workshops:
- “Autism Spectrum Disorders: What We Know, What We Don’t Know, and Where We’re Going” – Juane Heflin, Georgia State University, Atlanta
- “Effective Approaches for Transitioning Secondary Students with Emotional/Behavioral Disabilities” – Douglas Cheney, University of Washington, Seattle
- “Elements of Effective Instruction: Essential and Practical Tools for Schools of the Future” – Richard West, Utah State University, Logan
- “Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS): Tools for Implementation” – Gale Naquin, Insight Educational Center, Metairie, LA
- “Using Effective Interventions in Tier II and III with Aggressive and Defiant Youth: Building Upon the Schoolwide PBIS” – Rick VanAcker, University of Illinois, Chicago
Who Should Attend?
- Teachers, supervisors, assessment personnel, administrators and other professionals who have the responsibility for the delivery of effective services to students witih challenging behaviors.
- Teacher educators who are designing and implementing personnel preparation programs and others responsible for staff development
- Researchers whose area of interest is on effective programming for students with challenging behaviors.
- Teams from the same district/agency/institution are encouraged to attend. A Team Discount is Available!
777 Waterside Drive
Norfolk, VA 23510
(757) 622-6664 phone
(800) 325-3535 toll-free
(757) 625-8271 fax
Ask for the CCBD Forum Rate:
$119-139/night + taxes
Contact CCBD if you still need hotel accommodations – 651-484-5510